How to use Pinterest for your business engagement
Pinterest has taken place of one of the most visited sites from the day it launched, three years ago. Beautiful photos of clothing and footwear, food with recipes, pets, interior and exterior design,cars, travel destinations, everything that is appealing to the eye. No wonder the site has experienced such success, because a picture is worth a thousand words.
Depending on the industry you’re operating, pinterest may be one of the main sources for driving traffic to your website, but only if you are using it the right way. According to a study, it brings more traffic than Google Plus, LinkedIn, and Twitter together. Given these data, any company that wants to expand the scope of its operations and achieve increased profits should think including Pinterest to its arsenal.
There are many steps that you need to follow for Pinterest to drive visits, engagement and at the end sales.
1. Increase your brand authority. While using Pinterest create your own boards in which you should post useful and appealing information to your followers. Pictures that you share don’t have to come from your site, but carefully choose already posted pins when you re-pin, and provide valuable information to other users. This way more users will follow your posts and think of you as an authority in a particular field.
2. Increase your influence. In addition to uploading photos to your boards, find the community boards that match your business field and which have large number of followers. This will allow you to present your content to a lot more people.
3. Drive traffic to your site. To bring visitors to your site, you need high-quality photos and pins that users will engage and create a viral effect. In addition to image quality, the description is important too. Instead of just a few words, offer some valuable information. Everyone likes and appreciate that. Also consider to embed the “Pin it” button to your site.
4. Be persistent. Success will not come overnight, but it is possible. It is important to have daily new pins and re-pins, but don’t over-use it because it will annoy some users. Experiment with the number of pins and the time of publication, as well as the different areas.
5. Value. The most important thing is to give users a certain value. With quality photos and tips, on Pinterest, provide good content on your site that will keep your existing audience but also influence new comers.
Pinterest recently introduced a new integration of its website with the marketplaces, so that customers can get email price alerts about products and services that they have saved to their boards.
When evaluating your Pinterest strategy use the analytics option found at your profile. It can show you which boards and pins are the most interesting to users and how many pins are made from your site.
Are you using Pinterest to promote your business? If not you should consider doing it.