Email marketing is dead? No, Email marketing is evolving
Every time when a new technology is emerging with new models of communication and contacting clients, people say that email is losing its efficiency. The fact is that email is still a prefered method of communication.
Research in USA gives us some interesting numbers:
- 94% of American citizens, older than 12, are active online and use email regularly. For 58% of adults checking email is the first thing they do in the morning.
- 64% of companies are planning to increase investments in email marketing in 2013.
- 77% of consumers reported that they prefer to receive permission-based marketing communications through email.
- For every dollar spent on email marketing in 2011, there was a 40.56 dollars return.
Email is evolving, and email marketing strategies are changing with it. Marketers that understand the value of email campaigns know that email will continue to be a prefered communication channel due to the fact that is trustworthy, measurable and maybe the less costly among the other digital marketing trends. In order for your email campaign to be engaging you should implement some or all of these attributes:
- Be trustworthy
- Be conversational
- Be relevant
- Coordinate across all channels
- Be strategic
Take a look in this infographic by Marketo: